The fall semester will be different than anything we have experienced. Not only will we rely on our planning and preparation found in Our Way Forward, we will also depend on a mindset rooted in our motto of Pro Humanitate — for humanity.
As we enter this semester, we call upon our community to Show Humanitate and demonstrate the responsibility of each of us for the wellbeing of all of us.
Please scroll to learn more about our plans and our mindset in approaching the fall.
Students: Key action items
- Submit a Pre-Arrival COVID-19 Test using our testing program with our partner, Azova Health.
- Quarantine for 14 days prior to returning to campus. Use this table to determine when to start.
- Register for SneezSafe and begin completing your daily wellness screening.
- Read the Student Social Compact, a document written by students, for students, outlining how our community will approach the fall.
- Complete the COVID-19 Education and Training Module, an introductory session into life at Wake Forest.
- Read and acknowledge the COVID-19 Prevention Behaviors and Student Expectations that help remind our community of the regular practices we need to adopt.
- Read and sign the Public Health Emergency Addendum to the Undergraduate Conduct Code, intended to increase education, safety and accountability.
Faculty/Staff: Key action items
- Confirm with your manager or department head whether and when you should return to on-site work, or whether you should continue to work remotely.
- Read the COVID-19 Policies and the COVID-19 Notice to understand actions Wake Forest is taking to minimize the transmission of the virus.
- Complete the COVID-19 Education Module prior to your physical return to campus or no later than August 25.
- Log onto Workday to complete the COVID-19 Prevention Policy Acknowledgment via a Workday Inbox Task prior to your physical return to campus or no later than August 25.
- Register for SneezSafe and begin completing your daily wellness screening, whether working on-site or remotely.
- Utilize the Faculty and Staff Clinic as needed by calling (743) 223-4217.
Important Dates and Deadlines
- August 1: Fall payment due
- Early August: Begin quarantine and submit COVID-19 test
- August 17-20: New student move-in appointments
- August 20-24: Continuing students move-in appointments
- August 24: Add/Drop for first-year students
- Sept. 4: First-year students — “New to the Forest” module completed
- Oct. 1: First-year students — “Fall in the Forest” module completed
- August 26–November 24: On-campus instruction for undergraduate students occurs; we will forgo fall break this year; check with graduate and professional schools for slight variations to their calendars
- November 30–December 18: Remainder of the fall semester and final exams occur remotely