This message was sent to students who received a first dose of the vaccine after arriving in the United States, were late admits to the University or are visiting students.
Bottom Line, Up Front
- Wake Forest does not have the necessary documentation from you to meet the University’s COVID-19 vaccine policy requirements.
- If you fail to provide the required documentation by Oct. 1, you will be withdrawn from the University and be required to move out of University housing (if applicable) for the remainder of the semester.
- Wake Forest will offer a Pfizer vaccine clinic on Sept. 20 in the Sutton Center on campus for those eligible for a second dose. Students must sign up before 3 p.m. on Friday.
- Wake Forest will continue to send you reminders until your documentation is verified by the Student Health Service.
Thank you for providing Wake Forest with documentation of your first dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series.
This message is to inform you that you are required to provide documentation of the second dose no later than Friday, Oct. 1. If you do not provide documentation:
- The University Registrar will remove you from your courses.
- Residence Life and Housing will remove you from University-assigned housing (if applicable).
If you are removed from courses and housing, you will be withdrawn from the University for the remainder of the semester. If withdrawn, you will be subject to the University’s refund policy for withdrawal, which means you will not be able to receive financial aid, and you will lose any federal work-study assignments. If you are an international student, please note that withdrawal from your courses will negatively impact your visa status.
Wake Forest will host a vaccination clinic on Sept. 20 from 9 a.m.-12:15 p.m. in the Sutton Center on campus. This clinic will offer the Pfizer vaccine for those eligible to receive their second dose (three weeks after the first dose). Sign up here before 3 p.m. on Friday.
Submitting your documentation
If you have submitted this documentation in the last 24 hours, thank you for doing so. Your submission is being reviewed.
If you have not yet submitted and intend to remain enrolled for the fall of 2021, submit your documentation through the Student Health Portal immediately. Submitting early will allow Student Health time to review it before the deadlines.
Please note, even if you receive a vaccine at a clinic on the Wake Forest campus, you still must submit your documentation through the Student Health Portal.
Information on how to check the status of your documentation is available here. If your vaccine documentation is missing any information that the Student Health Service must have, you will be sent a secure message through the Student Health Portal. Please log into the Student Health Portal to view secure messaging and check the status of your documentation.
Follow University protocols
Until you are fully vaccinated with an FDA-authorized vaccine (two weeks after your first dose of Johnson & Johnson or two weeks after your second dose of Pfizer/Moderna), you must follow University protocols by wearing face coverings indoors, submitting to weekly asymptomatic testing and quarantining if exposed to a COVID-positive person. Students who fail to comply with these items will be referred to the Dean of Students of their respective School.
If you believe you received this email in error, please reply to this email with your reasoning.
Thank you in advance for taking the steps needed to prioritize health and safety and to comply with University policy.
Categories: Communications & External Relations
- October 13, 2021
- September 20, 2021
- September 15, 2021