- If you have severe or life-threatening symptoms (shortness of breath, persistent pain in your chest), call 911 or go to the emergency room.
- If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, isolate yourself from others and seek contact Student Health Service (SHS) at 336.758.5218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone staffed 24/7, email during normal business hours.
- Current SHS hours can be found on their homepage. Nurse triage is available after hours.
- If you test positive for COVID-19, isolate yourself from others from others and notify Wake Forest BestHealth at email@example.com as soon as possible.
- If you are a student worker experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, test positive for COVID-19, or have been exposed to COVID-19, you should also inform your supervisor. Student workers must be cleared by SHS before returning to on-site work.
Follow protocols, even after a negative test
People infected with COVID-19, even those that don’t have any symptoms of illness, can spread the virus to others. If you believe you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and follow their medical advice. They will discuss the exposure with you and provide you with the proper guidance.
While testing for COVID-19 after an exposure can help indicate if you have the virus, a negative test does not guarantee that you haven’t been infected, due to the incubation period of the virus. Depending on whether or not you have been fully vaccinated, you may be instructed to wear a mask, re-test after a number of days, or when instructed to do so, to prevent the spread of infection to others. Thank you for doing your part to keep our community safe.